Google Public DNS – Speed Up Your Web Browsing by Google Public DNS
Hello Friends, When you type any website address in browser address bar then the main job of DNS (Domain Name System) is to translate human readable web address to computer readable number known as IP address and when computer knows about the IP location of web domain name it simply opens website in the browser. So now you have little bit idea about DNS that what is the job of DNS and how it is useful. Now our ISP (Internet Service Provider) provide their DNS which are located at router, But sometimes DNS server of ISP is very slow then it takes so much time to find out the web address and open the website.
So to solve this problem many of you are currently using OpenDNS service which is realible service but recently Google introduced their own public DNS service called Google Public DNS and by the using of Google public DNS you will get fastest speed to load your websites. If your ISP DNS server is very slow and sites is taking so much time to load then use Google Public DNS. Below i will show you that how we can use Google Public DNS.
– Right Click on Network and then select properties.
– Click on “Change adapter settings” at left side Shown below in image.
– After clicking “Change Adapter Settings” it openes a window which have all connections. So there must be “Local Area Connection” or if you are using wireless connection then it must have “Wireless Network Connection” (shown below in image).
– After that right click on “Local Area Connection” or if you are using wireless then right click on “Wireless network Connection” and select Properties.
– After clicking properties it open up one screen which have all properties.
– Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and then click on Properties button(Shown below in images).
– When you click on Properties button then Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) properties opens. In which your current ISP’s DNS (Preferred and Alternate DNS) listed(Shown below in image).
– Now here we have to change ISP DNS to Google Public DNS, So it is just a suggestion to note down your current ISP DNS in notepad and after that change it to Google Public DNS.
– Now after writing ISP DNS in notepad you have to enter Google Public DNS in it like (Shown in image also)
Preferred DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
Alternate DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
– After enter this DNS click OK and then reboot your computer, After rebooting to just make sure and test out new settings of Google Public DNS open your favorites sites in browser. All will open faster then before.
Google Public DNS Read More