Some cool Mozilla Firefox Tricks and Tips
1. Here is the Keyboard shortcuts.
– Space bar (page down)
– Ctrl+K (go to search box)
– Alt-N (find next)
– Ctrl+L (go to address bar)
– Ctrl+= (increase text size)
– Ctrl+D (bookmark page)
– F5 (reload)
– Ctrl+- (decrease text size)
– Ctrl-W (close tab)
– Alt-Home (go to home page)
– Ctrl+F (find)
– Shift-Spacebar (page up)
– Ctrl+T (new tab)
2. Sometimes in hurry by mistake you click on close button of Firefox tabs. But In Mozilla Firefox you can remove or move close tab button by about:config. Type about:config in address bar then search for browser.tabs.closeButton in search bar. When you find it double click on it. It will show you a prompt with by default value 1. You can change it to different values for different behaviors.
– Enter 0 to display a close button on the active tab only.
– Enter 1 (default Value) to display close button to all tabs.
– Enter 2 to don’t display any close buttons.
– Enter 3 to display single close button at the end of the tab bar.
3. Now we know Mozilla Firefox have giving feature of multiple tabs , so sometimes it is very hard to handle multiple tabs with mouse, so you can also handle tabs by keyboard. Below are some tips to handle tabs by keyboard.
– Ctrl+Tab (rotate forward among tabs)
– Ctrl+Shft+Tab (rotate to the previous tab)
– Ctrl+1-9 (choose a number to jump to a specific tab)
4. Here is the Mouse shortcuts for Mozilla Firefox.
– Middle click on link (opens in new tab)
– Shift-scroll down (previous page)
– Shift-scroll up (next page)
– Ctrl-scroll up (decrease text size)
– Ctrl-scroll down (increase text size)
– Middle click on a tab (closes tab)
5. about:config : This is a feature of Mozilla which lists aaplication and configuration setting of Mozilla. You can Get all settings configuration of your Mozilla by enter about:config in your address bar of Mozilla.
6. If you want to spped up your Mozilla Firefox then
– Type about:config into the address bar and hit return. Type network. http in the filter field, and change the following settings (double-click on them to change them):
– Set network.http.pipelining to true
– Set network.http.proxy.pipelining to true
– Set network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to a number like 30. This will allow it to make 30 requests at once.
– Now, right-click anywhere and select New-> Integer. Name it nglayout.initialpaint.delay and set its value to 0?. This value is the amount of time the browser waits before it acts on information it receives.